The lead cast and characters of the English version of the game includes the legendary George Takei and many others:
- Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga – He is the main protagonist of the story, who is returning from prison after 18 years.
- George Takei as Masumi Arakawa playing as the patriarch of the Arakawa Family.
- Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi plays the role of an ex-cop, who on the search of the unveiling of truth.
- Greg Chun as Yu Nanba a downtrodden former nurse.
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda a secret agent on a mission, possessing as a bar hostess.
The game will be a launch for the Xbox Series X and will ship in November. It will support cross-save functionality between the Xbox One and Xbox Series X versions.
Story of Yakuza: Like A Dragon
The game is set in the year 2019. The story will follow the events subsequent to that of Yakuza 6.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is about Kasuga Ichiban. He is a member of the formidable Tojo Clan. A person who takes downfall for a crime he did not commit. He does this in order to protect the honor of the Tojo clan. Almost after two decades or to be precise after 18 years, Ichiban finally comes out of prison in 2019.
The world has changed completely in these two decades and even moved on without him. Ichiban is now Stuck in this unfamiliar town as an outsider. In order to find out the events that happened in his absence, while he was in prison, he gathers a crew of unlikely allies.