Each person has a unique personality. Similarly, anime characters do too! Moreover, characters with the same personalities are categorized into various dere types. Each one of them is given specific names based on their nature. Famous dere types include tsundere, yandere, dandere and darudere. Unfamous types include shundere and Hinedere. Today we will look into the Bakadere archetype in detail. If you are an otaku, I’m pretty sure you have heard of the term before. However, even if you haven’t, don’t worry! I have prepared a list of all the famous personalities who belong in this category. You might even find some of your favorites on the list! Without any further delay, let us get into the details of the archetype.
Meaning Of Bakadere
Like most other character archetype names, Bakadere is a mixture of two words. Baka means stupid or fool but might also mean idiot, and deredere means lovey-dovey in Japanese. The term is commonly used by anime and manga fans.
Bakadere is used to refer to characters who are clumsy and usually dim-witted. However, they tend to be extremely sweet, kind, and innocent. Not to mention, they are hopeless romantics too!
You Might Also Like: What Is The Deredere Dere Type In Anime?
The good thing about Bakadere characters is that they are optimistic and cheerful due to their incapability of thinking much. However, sometimes they are too carefree and don’t think twice before speaking, which results in awkward and uncomfortable situations. They are most likely to embarrass themselves and the people around them due to their foolishness.
Famous Bakadere Characters
- Brothers Conflict – Ema Hinata
- Ghost Sweeper Mikami – Tadao Yokoshima
- Busou Renkin – Mahiro Muto
- Castle Town Dandelion – Hikari Sakuraba
- GetBackers – Ginji Amano
- Cells at Work! – AE3803 / Red Blood Cell
- Chrono Crusade – Rosette Christopher
- Kageki Shoujo – Sarasa Watanabe
- Crayon Shin-Chan – Shinnosuke “Shin-Chan” Nohara
- Cupid’s Chocolates – Mei Tata
- Date A Live – Tohka Yatogami
- Haganai – Maria Takayama
- Deadman Wonderland – Shiro
- Haikyuu!! – Ryūnosuke Tanaka
- Death Note – Touta Matsuda
- Fruits Basket – Tohru Honda
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Mitsuri Kanroji
- Diabolik Lovers – Shin Tsukinami
- Gabriel DropOut – Satanichia “Satania” Kurumizawa McDowell
- D. Gray-Man – Lavi
- Doraemon – Nobi Nobita
- Dorohedoro – Ebisu
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure – Narancia Ghirga
- Dragon Ball – Son Goku
- Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai – Chika Fujiwara
Yes, Bakadere characters can be embarrassing, stupid, and foolish. However, they are adorable and kind to the ones they love. Not only that, they are sweet to almost everyone they come across, and watching them is an absolute delight. I don’t know about you, but I love this dere type!